Skip to content

General

2 results found

1. Add a time field in addition to date

Being able to indicate the time of the show in addition to the date would be beneficial. I'm still just beginning to enter my concerts, and I have already encountered a couple of times where this would have been helpful.

Reasons/Examples:
    1) Some artists will do 2 shows on the same day when there's enough demand to add an additional show, but not enough days on their schedule to add extras. E.g. Garth Brooks doing multiple shows on same day - a 1:00 pm and a 7:30pm on a Saturday. Two separate shows & separate tickets = a need for…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're working on this!

One thing we've found is that entering a time can be kind of subjective though. For example some people might enter the time that the doors open, or when the concert was scheduled to start, or when the concert actually started, or when the headliner went on.

Rather than give the option to enter any time, our plan is to add options for "Non-Standard Times". For example if the concert was an "Early Show" or an "After Party" or a "VIP Soundcheck". That sort of thing.

Our hope is that solves the problem of false-positive duplicate concerts being merged together because they share all the same date/location/venue/band while also not creating a bunch of "real duplicate" concerts due to slightly mismatched times.

2. De-dupe and standardize data

I would prefer a focus on completely de-duping and standardizing the existing data before adding any new features.

87 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Starting “The Big Clean” now!

This is a really big project and is going to consist of a bunch of small projects to make sure things stay cleaner and more standardized in the future.

And a lot of it will be behind the scenes so don’t be surprised if you aren’t seeing much happening.

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base