Skip to content

General

5 results found

1. Require simpler passwords to log in here. What's so valuable that requires a password so complicated?

I've never understood why sites with nothing of value require the most complicated passwords to log in. This it my first and last time on here because I'll never remember the password with upper case, lower case, a number a symbol and 8 characters. Why require passwords that many of us will never remember? What could anyone want to steal here, this suggestion?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Eliminate the ability to enter concerts with future date-stamps.

Why create a database of things that never happened? Eliminating the ability to add concerts with future dates will help with creating a more accurate database. Concerts with future dates can be cancelled and, I’m sure that you're aware, you now have a database of events that have been cancelled onward from mid-March 2020, into the unforeseeable future. I highly doubt that users are returning to now-cancelled entries to delete them, and I also doubt that that will change. What is the value in having a database filled with cancelled events?

Removing the ability to add concerts with future dates…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Many users (including me) get a lot of value out of having their future concerts in Concert Archives so they can keep track of their upcoming events, announce them to friends, and they don’t forget to add them afterward.

I agree with your point about dealing with cancelled events but we’ll probably need to solve that in a different way rather than excluding future events.

Definitely a worthwhile discussion though :)

3. musicbrainz integration

there's an API and libraries for pulling data from musicbrainz, and a separate library for writing to musicbrainz.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I looked into MusicBrainz a bit more. They actually don’t have much concert data yet. Currently they have about 39,000 events, whereas Concert Archives has about 470,000. Even though many of their concerts aren’t on Concert Archives yet (mostly classic rock), that amount of data doesn’t yet warrant the effort it would require to integrate it.

I’ll keep an eye on the project and it’s definitely a good option in terms of artist data should I go down the road.

Thanks for letting me know about it!

4. Open Source the site

I love the site, and am a developer myself - would be glad to help fix bugs / develop new features, but I couldn't find a github repository or anything linked.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your interest in open sourcing the site. I especially appreciate those that have offered to contribute code! Others were wanting it to be open sourced so that they could host their own version of the site. While I understand that point, it’s really not feasible as the site has grown over the past 6+ years (in terms of technical complexity or a financial standpoint).

5. Disable the ability to allow the addition of concerts taking place in the future

Disable the ability to allow the addition of concerts taking place in the future as those concerts can be cancelled, which will lead to an inaccurate database as I doubt that users are returning to these entries 100% of the time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General